Be sure to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog today and check out the design team’s beautiful cards…so lovely.
(click image to download)
I was so excited when I realized what the verse was this week. God’s timing always amazes me. We are facing a little crisis in our family and this verse was exactly what I needed. God is so awesome like that!
As I read this scripture, I thought about the word “perfect”. According to the dictionary, perfect means:
1. conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type,
2. excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement,
3. exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose
4. entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings,
5. accurate, exact, or correct in every detail,
6. thorough, complete, utter,
7. pure, unmixed
8. unqualified, accomplished, proficient
As I read each definition, I got more and more excited about God’s perfect peace. I love the definition that says, “beyond practical”. In most situations that we face it is not practical to have peace, but yet God extends peace towards us…pure, complete, unqualified peace exactly fitting our need.
In the verse that follows this one it says, “Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.”
God doesn’t just give us peace, but He also gives us strength…everlasting strength. Isn’t that awesome! Now the dictionary says this about “everlasting”,
1. lasting or continuing for an indefinitely long time,
2. incessant, constantly recurring,
3. wearisome, tedious
When I read the definition that said “incessant, constantly recurring”, a picture of an ocean came to mind. The waves of an ocean are constantly moving; they have so much power and yet are so beautiful. That is the way God’s strength is. When we feel like we just can’t go another step, another wave of strength washes over us. There is so much power in His strength; but the key is to trust Him. In both of these verses, trust is required to receive both peace and strength. It isn’t even a suggestion, but a command. God wants us to trust Him and when we obey Him, He blesses us with the things we need. Isn’t God good?
I’m so glad you stopped by today. Have a blessed day.